Monday, May 11, 2009

Goodbye to a great community supporter

Mrs. Carolyn Lusardi has passed away. She was a stalwart member of the community and her family has done a lot for Brookneal. Her obituary can be found here:

Lusardi Obituary


I met Mrs. Lusardi at Red Hill shortly after I moved here. She was gracious in explaining the history of Patrick Henry's home, and the surrounding area, to me. Her outfit was quaint and she informed me that it, and the others worn by the re-enactors, were custom sewn.
My condolences to her family and friends for their loss. My sympathies to the Brookneal community for losing one of the great supporters of the area.

2 comments:

Tuffy Horse said...

Mrs. Lusardi's funeral was lovely and very heartfelt.

I remember her as a sharp lady, very funny and very knowledgable. Calling her to ask a question usually evolved into a two hour chat about the town and its history. She made it easy to connect the dots on community relationships, which is a blessing when you're new in town. I'm grateful for all the help she gave me and the wisdom she passed on.

Tracy M

mike said...

I discovered your web site via Google while looking for a related subject, lucky for me your web site came up, its a great website. I have bookmarked it in my Google bookmarks. You really are a phenomenal person with a brilliant mind!

pet medication