Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Brookneal at it's best

I've enjoyed working closer to home these past weeks. Spring has brightened the region, even though the evenings are very cool and rain clouds have shadowed us.
I got a call from a friend traveling down 81 on his way to western North Carolina and he was raving about the gorgeous purple trees and various flowering shrubs. Spring and fall make me realize that this region is one of the prettiest I've ever seen. I hope the people that have lived here their whole lives appreciate the beauty and uniqueness of the area. Other states simply pale in comparision to the natural beauty we find around here. We visited the Patrick Henry Memorial recently and I can see why he called it the garden spot of Virginia.

4 comments:

SaCaStiC jR. said...

"Garden spot of the world"

SaCaStiC jR. said...

If you are serious about helping us then focus about somthing that will help the children for years to come. Flouride in the "clean water". What has happened to the 1,000,000.00 + in grants to improve the the water. That's something you can change the rest is up to...

GL!!!

dobie said...

I am confused. Brookneal Blogger can change what? Flouride in the water? Is the implication that you KNOW who BB is?

Brookneal Blogger said...

From what the newspaper archives say the flouride treatment started last year.
I think the paper also mentioned that the water grant construction starts in July.

Who is GL?

I can't change anything to do with the grants, it takes the council to do that.