Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Parade and newspaper

We really enjoyed the Christmas Parade. The floats seem to be getting better every year. I also like the old cars, some of them were really nice. The weather was probably the best I can remember on parade night. Big crowds and a lot of kids!

At the end of my last post someone mentioned that the Union Star has a new reporter. Is this true? I've seen several articles lately that are full of mistakes and sloppy editing. I hope this improves. Whether they realize it or not people from all over the country read about Brookneal. I get hits from Colorado, Alaska, Connecticut, Texas, Florida and other states. I assume most are interested in news from an area they grew up or used to live. Some are probably just nosy or checking up on other people that live here.
If I get that big of a variety of readership for this blog, then the Union Star website probably gets even more. What their impression is of the mistakes I don't want to think about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, there is a new reporter. I too hope misspellings, half reporting of council meetings are corrected. I hope they get out of the office to meet and talk to people so they know what's going on in the community.

I also hope the new reporter writes everything as it happens. Not write it like they 'want' it (the story) to be.

Tuffy Horse said...

Any idea who this person is?



Tracy M

Tuffy Horse said...

I just met the new reporter tonight at the meeting. Her name is Debra Ferrell and she is very smart and nice. I think she's going to do a great job keeping Brookneal informed of what is going on.

The meeting was interesting and i think some issues are going to be addressed in the future that will benefit the town.